Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Favourite Korean Music Artists: 4th April' 08', 2 AM

My Favourite Korean Music Artists:
Korea is a land of talents in the field of entertainment. The Hallyu wave (k-wave) has swept all over Asia and even touched the remote village of mine, Basar. As I don’t speak Korean and Korean music is hard to come by as compared to K-movies/Dramas, I am not much exposed to the music industry of Korea. But whatever little I know I would like to share in my blog with everyone…


Se7en
I love se7en’s voice! He churns just my kind of music; R&B, Hip-Hop/Pop, Soul, Ballads in a soft tenor voice. Earlier I wasn’t much aware of his presence, and then I saw few of his videos online and heard his songs and fell in love with his voice. Now that I am aware of him, I have fallen in love with his persona. He’s cute, sings so well, dances so coolly (again my kind of free style dancing) and has a sweet-lovable persona. I am yet to see his Drama. I am not aware of his acting talent but I can recon with all my heart that he sings beautifully…I am looking forward to find a copy of his drama “Goong S- princes' hours” to only watch him act…



Rain
I love Rain more than any Hallyu(Korean) stars put together, but when it comes to music Se7en won hands down. Rain is a superb singer-dancer no doubt but sometimes his high note can be irritating to the ears. His songs are basically good for hip-hopping and dancing. He has yet to come up with a classic ballad.
I love Rain’s personality, his hard working nature and sincerely towards his work, be it singing, dancing or acting. One can obviously see that he puts in a lot of effort in his tasks but sometimes trying for perfection, the essence can go missing. That’s what I feel he lacks in his music: Soul.
He is still too young, so he should relax a bit and not over exert himself in order to be No.1. I’ll always support him no matter what and looking forward to watch his first English film Speed Racer directed by Wachowshki Brothers.



Shin Hye-Sung
An ex member and lead vocalist of the most popular boy band in the history of Korea, Shinhwa, he has proved his mettle in his solos. I love his soulful voice and strong ballads. I believe he is an extremely talented and gifted singer whose songs will go on to become classics…



Lee Ji Hoon
I loved him in the drama “Hello! Miss” and did a Google search on him and learnt that he has been a solo singer since 1996 and a member of S with Shin Hye-Sung of Shinhwa and Kang Ta of H.O.T. I tried finding more information on him as my curiosity grew and did a lot of You Tube and Google search. The more I learnt about him, the more I liked him. He is cute! Now that I have heard his songs, I really like his voice! Soulful, R&B and ballads…just my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment